Hob Nob Border Collies
Puppy Purchase Agreement/non breeding Contract
Entered on XXXXXXXXXXX by consenting parties: Janice DeMello (above address) herein referred to as Breeder/Seller &XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX as Purchasing Owner. Puppies born on XXXXXX sired by Hob Nob XXXXXXX and whelped by XXXXXXXXX will be referred to as the ‘dog’. By their respective signatures, the Breeder/Seller and Purchasing Owner agree to the following terms:
1.The Purchasing Owner may choose any name he/she desires for the dog, but must use the prefix Hob Nob (no ‘s) in naming the dog.
2. This puppy was vet checked and given a clean bill of health before leaving for it’s new home. This puppy’s next vet appointment should be scheduled 3 weeks from date of arriving at new home for 2nd vaccine, etc.
3. If the Purchasing Owner chooses to give up the dog, for any reason, the Breeder/Seller has first right of refusal at no more than half the purchase price. Breeder/Seller may visit, or send a representative, to evaluate the dog and its home environment.
4. The Purchasing Owner agrees to have the male dog neutered (castrated) & female dogs spayed when growth plates have closed around 18 months of age. A copy of the spay/neuter certificate will be mailed to the Breeder/Seller within 1 week of the procedure. For puppies that will compete in dog sports such as agility, obedience, flyball, frisbee/flying disc and herding, spay/neuter can wait until the dog is 4 years old or at a designated age agreed to by both Breeder and Purchaser.
5. The dog will be registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) with the Purchasing Owner as the listed owner of record. Breeder/Seller elects to use the AKC LIMITED registration program for puppies sold on Non Breeding contracts.
6. Hip x-ray: The dog will have hips x-rayed at 25 months of age for OFA certification Purchasing Owner will have a digital copy of the hip x-rays sent to the Breeder/Seller via email. When the OFA evaluation is administered, the Purchasing Owner must send a copy of the evaluation to the Breeder/Seller. The Purchasing Owner 'may' have the hips prelim at 1 year of age preferably without anesthesia or at time of spay/neuter.
7. BONE CLOSURE: “Long bones have a specific area at one or both ends called the growth plate, where the cells replicate and add to the length of the bone. This growth plate is an area in which the bone is softer and more readily injured. The growth plate continues to add to the length of the bone until the age at which it is genetically programmed to close. It then becomes identical in composition to the rest of the bone. The age at which the growth plates close differs for each bone. Larger dogs’ growth plates close later than those of small bones.” Taken from the book Peak Performance by Dr. Chris Zinc DVM, the foremost canine sports vet and author of several books on canine sports medicine, nutrition and physiology
Puppy Purchase Agreement/Non Breeding Contract page 2
7a. Bone closure can only be determined thru an x-ray taken by a certified veterinarian. Training exercises such as weave poles, jumping anything above elbow height, agility contact equipment such as regulation/full height dogwalk, A-Frame and teeter as well as multiple repetitions, frisbee/flying disc catching or working stock beyond the occasional introductory stages, should not be executed by any Hob Nob puppy until their growth plates have closed or no sooner then the age of 14 months. It has been acknowledged that these stated examples may contribute to soft tissue/ligament injury, OCD, elbow and/or hip dysplasia. If any of these examples are performed/executed by the puppy before the growth plates are closed, the Breeder/Seller has no obligations nor owes any compensation for any injuries sustained then or in the future from such early training of the above mentioned examples.
8. All breeding stock have had their eyes cleared from a board certified ophthalmologist and are DNA CEA tested. Purchasing Owner should have the dog’s eyes tested by an AVCO Ophthalmologist every year starting at 1 year of age. The Purchasing Owner must utilize the CERF or OFA program.
9. Breeder/Seller retains no responsibilities to the dog other than those specifically mentioned in this Contract. Neither party has liability due to accident or illness. If the dog has any defects such as, but not limited to, OCD, PRA, CEA, HIP DYSPLASIA, EPILEPSY, etc., the Breeder/Seller will not be held liable and owes no compensation to the Purchasing Owner. As a reputable breeder who stands by her Hob Nob line, compensation (or replacement) will be considered on an individual basis if deemed applicable. It is noted that both the parents have been screened for hip and eye clearances. It is further noted that the parents were free from any of the above mentioned afflictions at the time of breeding.
WE HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL SECTIONS OF THIS CONTRACT. WE ACKNOWLEDGE A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT/CONTRACT
Breeder/Seller Janice DeMello Purchasing Owner XXXXXX
Health Evaluation given by Breeder
wormed Nemex 2 on XXXXXXXXXXX safeguard given on XXXXXXXXXXX
Toltrazuril liquid given for coccidia prevention on XXXXXXXXXX
VACCINE: Nobivac Canine Distemper - Parvovirus modified live given on XXXXXXXXX
2nd vaccine due 3 to 4 weeks after the 1st vaccine given by breeder
Breeder recommends distemper and parvo vaccines only.
Breeder strongly recommends closely following Jean Dodds vaccination protocol!
Puppies have been Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy chicken and rice kibble. After lots of research, I found it best for puppies to be fed an adult slow growth large breed kibble for the first year.