Hob Nob Border Collies
13905 Erskine Rd SW
Rochester, WA 98579 (360) 918-4160
Puppy Purchase Agreement/Non Breeding Contract
Entered on XXXXXXXX by consenting parties: Janice DeMello (above address) herein referred to as Breeder/Setter and XXXXXXXXX as Purchasing Owners. Puppies born on XXXXXXX sired by XXXXXXXX and whelped by XXXXXXX will be referred to as the 'dog' By their respective signatures, the Breeder/Seller and Purchasing Owner agree to the following terms:
1. The Purchasing Owners may choose any name he/she desires for the dog, but must use the prefix Hob Nob (no ‘s) in naming the dog example Hob Nob XXXX not Hob Nob’s XXXX
2. This puppy was vet checked and given a clean bill of health before leaving for its new home. This puppy’s next vet appointment should be scheduled between 3 & 4 weeks from the first vaccination given by breeder (see page 2 Health Evaluation) for 2nd vaccine, etc.
3. If the Purchasing Owners choose to give up the dog, FOR ANY REASON, the Breeder/Seller has first right of refusal. Any possible compensation is to be mutually agreed upon depending on circumstances. THE BREEDER HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO EVALUATE the puppy before any drastic decisions are made. Breeder/Seller may visit, or send a representative, to evaluate the dog and its home environment.
4. The Purchasing Owner agrees to have the dog spayed or neutered after growth plates have closed preferably not before the age of 18 months. A copy of the spay/neuter certificate will be mailed to the Breeder/Seller within 1 week of the procedure. For puppies that will compete in dog sports such as agility, obedience, flyball, frisbee/flying disc and herding, spay/neuter can wait until the dog is 4 years old or at a designated age agreed to by both Breeder and Purchaser.
5. The dog will be registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) with the Purchasing Owner as the listed owner of record. Breeder/Seller elects to use the for puppies sold on Non Breeding contracts with no breeding rights.
6. Hip x-ray: The dog will have hips x-rayed at 25 months of age for OFA certification Purchasing Owner will have a digital copy of the hip x-rays sent to the Breeder/Seller via email. When the OFA evaluation is administered, the Purchasing Owner must send a copy of the evaluation to the Breeder/Seller. The Purchasing Owner may have the hips prelim at 1 year of age preferably without anesthesia or at time of spay/neuter if done no earlier then 18 months of age.
7. BONE CLOSURE: “Long bones have a specific area at one or both ends called the growth plate, where the cells replicate and add to the length of the bone. This growth plate is an area in which the bone is softer and more readily injured. The growth plate continues to add to the length of the bone until the age at which it is genetically programmed to close. It then becomes identical in composition to the rest of the bone. The age at which the growth plates close differs for each bone. Larger dogs’ growth plates close later than those of small bones.” Taken from the book Peak Performance by Dr. Chris Zinc DVM, the foremost canine sports vet and author of several books on canine sports medicine, nutrition and physiology
Puppy Purchase Agreement/Non Breeding Contract page 2
7a. Bone closure can only be determined thru an x-ray taken by a certified veterinarian. Training exercises such as weave poles, jumping anything above elbow height, agility contact equipment such as regulation/full height dogwalk, A-Frame and teeter as well as multiple repetitions, frisbee/flying disc catching or working stock beyond the occasional introductory stages, should not be executed by any Hob Nob puppy until their growth plates have closed or no sooner then the age of 14 months. It has been acknowledged that these stated examples may contribute to soft tissue/ligament injury, OCD, elbow and/or hip dysplasia. If any of these examples are performed/executed by the puppy before the growth plates are closed, the Breeder/Seller has no obligations nor owes any compensation for any injuries sustained then or in the future from such early training of the above mentioned examples.
8. Purchasing Owners should have the dog’s eyes tested by an AVCO Ophthalmologist every 3 years. The Purchasing Owner must utilize the Companion Animal Eye Registry (CAER)
9. Breeder/Seller retains no responsibilities to the dog other than those specifically mentioned in this Contract. Neither party has liability due to accident or illness. If the dog has any defects such as, but not limited to, OCD, PRA, HIP/ELBOW DYSPLASIA, EPILEPSY, CRYPTORCHIDISM, MONORCHIDISM, etc., the Breeder/Seller will not be held liable and owes no compensation to the Purchasing Owner. As a reputable breeder who stands by her Hob Nob line, compensation (or replacement) will be considered on an individual basis if deemed applicable. It is noted that both the parents have been screened/cleared for hip and eye clearances, DNA tested normal for TNS, CEA, IGS and are also BAER hearing tested normal in both ears. It is further noted that the parents were free from any of the above mentioned afflictions at the time of breeding.
WE HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL SECTIONS OF THIS CONTRACT WE ACKNOWLEDGE A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT/CONTRACT
Breeder/Seller Janice DeMello Purchasing Owner
Puppy balance puppy litter name
HEALTH EVALUATION GIVEN BY BREEDER
wormed with Nemex 2 on XXXXXXXX & XXXXXXX Safeguard given XXXXXX thru XXXXXXX
treated with Toltrazuril liquid for coccidia prevention XXXXXXXXX
1st vaccination Canine Distemper/Parvovirus (modified live virus) on XXXXXXXX
Puppies have been eating Purina Pro Plan Focus puppy chicking and rice kibble
Dr. Sherman Canapp, Orthopedic Surgery, Regenerative & Sports Medicine, highly recommends to switch off puppy food no later then 4 months of age to adult/large breed or slow growth dog food, Dasuquin with MSM (joint supplement) and salmon oil for preventive measure of OCD
1990 - 2021 Hob Nob Border Collies. All rights reserved